Scan to Win Terms and Conditions
Scan to Win a 65" Samsung 8k TV worth $8,000 courtesy of Flexiroof!
To enter, simply check out the map, scan your ticket at the 7 scan points throughout the show and you're in the draw! Check out the prize on the Flexiroof stand and while you’re there, scan your ticket.
Plus, we've hidden an extra scan point in the Gourmet Food Pavilion for an extra chance to win!
Don’t forget to register your ticket at the iPads at the show entrance.
Terms and condition of entry into “Scan to Win”
Promotion Terms and Conditions
To be eligible for entry into the Scan to Win promotion at the Waikato Home & Garden Show, each individual must scan their ticket at any check in point (eight in total) at the Waikato Home & Garden Show to be automatically entered into the draw. Each scan point is another chance to be in the draw (eight in total).
Each ticket is eligible to enter the competition and must be registered (online or onsite) before 3pm 8 November 2020. Only one ticket is valid for entry per person (aged 17+), per day.
The Waikato Home & Garden Show takes no responsibility for scanning or user error.
The winner will receive a 65" Samsung 8k TV worth $8,000 and will be delivered to a Hamilton address on Monday 9 November 2020.
‘The Waikato Home & Garden Show' means The Waikato Home & Garden Show: www.waikatohomeshow.co.nz
The ‘Promoter’ is the Waikato Home & Garden Show
‘Disqualified Participants’ are:
(a) all XPO Exhibitions employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel, alcohol or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
'Immediate Families’ include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
- These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all Waikato Home & Garden Show Promotions or Competitions (collectively ‘the Promotion’) conducted on or off air and by means of any medium – radio, television, print, telephone or computer. The Rules may change from time to time.
- If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms those specific rules or terms will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
- The promotion closes on Sunday November 8, 3pm NZDT. The prize will be drawn by XPO Exhibitions on Sunday November 8 at 5pm.
- Unless otherwise stated in the above-mentioned specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
- Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
- The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
- The Waikato Home & Garden Show reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
- The Waikato Home & Garden Show reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who the Waikato Home & Garden Show decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- By participating, entrants grant the Waikato Home & Garden Show exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
- Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
- Where the Promotion involves texting, the following apply:
- Any form of automated text message is invalid
- The Waikato Home & Garden Show takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Promotion Terms and Conditions.
Winning the Prize
- Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
- The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Promotion Terms and Conditions – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
- The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email (the one they provided in the entry form) and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by the Waikato Home & Garden Show. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (within 7 days) the Judge will select another winner. If, after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit.
- The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Promotion becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person and they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or guardian must give their prior written consent to the award of the prize.
- The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies the Waikato Home & Garden Show in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
The Waikato Home & Garden Show Responsibility
- The Waikato Home & Garden Show reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
- The Waikato Home & Garden Show takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Acts of God or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law the Waikato Home & Garden Show will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the Promotion prize.
- Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside the Waikato Home & Garden Show control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, the Waikato Home & Garden Show has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.